Through spiritual, emotional, and physical training, these programs teach teens how to be accountable, respectful, and productive in all the areas of their life.
- Integration into “family life” is a key component.
- Programs are often situated in rural areas (farm or ranch).
- Individual and group therapy is provided; oftentimes equine therapy is a focus.
- Some offer home schooling, but most integrate the participants into the local public or private schools in the area.
- Volunteer work is often integrated into the curriculum.
- School sports and activities are encouraged.
- Substance abuse counseling and 12-step meetings are often a part of the process.
The typical stay is approximately 12 months, usually serving up to 24 to 30 students.
Costs range from $7,000 to $12,000 per month.