A free initial telephone conversation is available to determine if consultation services are needed.
Our services include:
- Initial interview with parents and the student to identify the issues, concerns, goals and expectations the family has for their student.
- Conversation about the types of schools or programs which may be available, as well as the student’s academic, social and psychological history is discussed.
- Independent conversation with the student to assess the personality, interests and goals of that student.
- Evaluation of all psychoeducational or standardized testing.
- Referrals to other mental health or educational professionals, ie. Psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists, speech/language pathologists, educational diagnosticians, or tutors as needed.
- Contact with important professional resources who have interfaced with the family and student in the last two or three years.
- Research into appropriate school/program placement. Presentation of a school list to the family of those schools which meet the student’s needs, as well as provide information as to the school’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Communication with schools and programs as deemed necessary.
- Resume, essay and application help
- Ongoing consultation during the search process regarding applications, visits, etc.
- Follow-up advice and support after students are enrolled.
In an emergency situation, our company is able to arrange placement within 24-48 hours at a program or school for troubled teens.